Chapel of The East Surrey Regiment
In The Parish Church of All Saints, Kingston-upon-Thames
The East Surrey Regiment’s links with the Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames
The East Surrey Regiment has long associations with the Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames, dating back to the time when county titles were introduced for Regiments of Infantry in 1782. The 70th Regiment received the title of 70th (Surrey) Regiment and a Depot was established at Kingston to recruit men of the County of Surrey for that Regiment. In 1783 the 31st (Huntingdonshire) Regiment and the 70th (Surrey) Regiment were linked together into 47 Sub-District Brigade with the Depot at Kingston where all recruits were trained.