Chapel of The East Surrey Regiment
In The Parish Church of All Saints, Kingston-upon-Thames
The oak panels on the walls of the Regimental Chapel are memorials to officers who served in The East Surrey Regiment, while a section on the North Wall is reserved for holders of the Victoria Cross. At the entrance to the Chapel can be seen the panel presented by Colonel G E Swinton MC in memory of members of the 2nd Bn The East Surrey Regiment who were killed in action in Malaya or who died as prisoners of war of the Japanese in the Second World War. The Sanctuary Lamp, presented by Major and Mrs J L Congdon in 1931, burns in perpetual remembrance of officers and men killed in the 1914-18 War.