Chapel of The East Surrey Regiment
In The Parish Church of All Saints, Kingston-upon-Thames
Regimental Colours are deposited as follows:-
In the nave of the Church the Colours of The 31st (Huntingdonshire) Regiment 1865-1903,the 70th (Surrey) Regiment 1831-45 and the 3rd Royal Surrey Militia 1853-77.
In the Regimental Chapel are the Colours of the 5th (Territorial) Bn The East Surrey Regiment 1909-67, the 6th (Territorial) Bn The East Surrey Regiment 1928-63 and the 7th, 8th, 9th (Service) Battalions, The East Surrey Regiment 1914-19.
The 7th Bn was disbanded on 5th February 1918, A "Kings" Colour was presented to the 8th Battalion on the 16th January 1919 at Villers Outreaux, whilst at Tournai on the 21st February 1919 a Kings Colour was presented to the 9th Bn (The Gallants). The "Kings" Colours were presented to the battalions in recognition of their gallant service throughout the war, prior to their disbandment.
Also displayed is the Commemorative Banner of the First Seven Divisions of the British Expeditionary Force in 1914.